Contact: Roryeaglestone(at)googlemail.com

Get in touch if you want to send me stuff or point me in the direction of new stuff.

Tuesday, 17 March 2009

The Ride




Now I've had this one for a few months but wanted to write about it. It's a one off journal on cycling and bike culture, be that Road, Mountain, Fixed Gear or BMX. Printed on a lovely matte finished heavy paper (50% recycled and soya-ink, well done them!), it consists of mostly one page vignettes from people reflecting on a lifetime of cycling faced by a piece of art work. It's all great. I particulary like the little lifestyle stories, more about cyclists than cycling. Contributors include Greg LeMond (3 time Tour De France winner), Sir Paul Smith (Fashion Designer- I didn;t know he was into bikes either) and the glorious Victoria Pendleton!

All this is twinned with some fantastic photography and artwork. As a bike and photography lover I especially enjoyed Trevor Ray Hart's photo set on Hern Hill outdoor track. Good Stuff.

It was edited by Philip Diprose, whilst the art director was Andrew Diprose, and Published bu Own It! publications.

Not sure if you can still get this, try evilBay if all else fails. But you really should make the effort. It's one of my most prized journlas.

www.theridejournal.com




No comments:

Post a Comment